Warning: Parameter 1 to Cite::clearState() expected to be a reference, value given in /var/www/webapp_omainfra/code/1.25.6/includes/Hooks.php on line 207
From Wiki OpenMandriva
- 1 OpenMandriva Webservices Charter
- 2 Internal rules of the webservices (forum, blog, mailing lists, bugzilla, ...)
OpenMandriva Webservices Charter
This charter is established to comply with French law. It is similar in many respects to those found on the majority of French web sites containing forums and spaces of expression. This charter is of paramount importance, administrators have an obligation to enforce it either directly or by way of delegation of task to a moderation team.
Posts are moderated a posteriori, ie they are broadcast and published immediately upon validation.
In case of non observance of the rights and duties of authors (see below) or if they break the law, the contents will be deleted. OpenMandriva, the administrators and moderators have no obligation to prevent authors from transmitting messages nor are they obliged to justify the removal of part or all of ant transmitted messgae..
Moreover, the messages containing the following words will be deleted:
- advertising messages
- messages containing other people's phone numbers or mailing address
Internet users can post messages they feel do not meet these Moderation rules by sending a private message to a moderator or here:
c o m @ o p e n m a n d r i v a . o r g
Authors retain the ownership their messages and any intellectual property rights that pertain to them. Unless stated otherwise, the contents are considered licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-SA 3.0). You are responsible for the content of your messages. As such, you must respect the laws and regulations and the rights of people. Examples of that which is forbidden (not exhaustive):
- Incitement to racial hatred
- Denial of crimes against humanity
- Incitement to murder
- Insult (insults, coarse, aggressive, irreverent ...)
- Defamation (imputation of an act prejudicial to the honor or reputation of the person or entity, or body to which the act is attributed)
- Piracy (incentive to piracy, availability of pirated software or programs to fraudulent use of software)
- Encouraging the use of drugs, alcohol, tobacco, ...
- The posting the content of private messages or correspondence (violation of secrecy of correspondence)
- Quotations from authors (excerpts from books, websites ...) However, analyzes and short quotations are possible, provided that are clearly stated the name of the author and the source, if justified by the critical, controversial , educational, scientific or informative nature of the work to which they are incorporated.
More generally, the Internet user is prohibited from:
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or distribute in any way on the Site, injurious, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive to privacy or rights of publicity, inciting violence, racial hatred or ethnic or otherwise objectionable material
- Upload, post, transmit, share or make available on the Site any private information to a third party, such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers and credit card numbers or similar information.
- Intimidate or harass another
- Upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available in any other way content that would constitute or encourage any criminal act or provide instructions on how to commit, that violates a third party or is likely to incur liability to a third party or violate applicable local, national or international laws.
Any message or quotation of such sites is part of moderation.
You accept that the content of your messages (full or in part) may be cited on websites provided by OpenMandriva, These include among others the official website, the Wiki collaborative, and the official OpenMandriva blog.
Editing and deleting your messages
You may ask us to amend or delete your own posts at anytime by contacting a moderator, we will need a link to the message (or other method of directing us to the content), the nickname used, the date and time of publication and if correction is required the revised content. You may also edit your own posts via the link "edit"
Protection of personal data
Accordance with the french Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, amended by Law of 6 August 2004, you have a right to access, rectify and delete personal data concerning you. However, the complete removal of your account requires a specific request from you here:
c o m @ o p e n m a n d r i v a . o r g
For questions, or if you would like to propose amendments to these rules, please see here.
Internal rules of the webservices (forum, blog, mailing lists, bugzilla, ...)
This second part is not related to legislation, it is the Internal Rules for our web services. Specifically, these are some rules of conduct and common sense, or general information that will enable us to have a forum that keeps long and friendly community spirit:
The rules of procedure is much more flexible than the charter.
The moderators are volunteers. They apply the charter and rules of procedure, but also participate in the lively forum. If you would like to join the moderation team, or animation / mediation, contact a moderator or an administrator.
Failure to comply with the rules of the authors, your comments may be edited, moved or deleted. Non compliant messages will be retained but will not be publically accessible, thus in the event of appeal it will be possible to reinstate moderated messages. Moderated messages will be retained for reference to allow moderators to review them against new messages which are being considered for moderation. Doing this ensures that moderation is consistant in it's application. In particular, the forum has a hidden section called "moderation" where are placed temporarily or permanently, messages that do not comply with this regulation. These messages will still be searchable by the moderators (for history) but will not be publicly accessible.
Sanctions may be applied against authors for repeated infringements of the forum rules, similar sanctions may be also applied to those whose deliberately troublesome or malicious behaviour that does not fall within the sites legal framework but that interferes with the running of the forums . Moderators and administrators are empowered to act accordance with their assessment of the situation.
Authours who post material that may infringe the regulation above will always be considered to be innocent of the offence. The intention is not to censor and we are aware that the international nature of the forums which brings the possibility of major misunderstandings that may arise through translation both human and automated as well as cultural differences. In the event of an unintentional infringement the authour will be warned by a moderator about the offending content. The moderator may request that the post be edited such that it complies with the rules or if it is not possible to agree a form with conveys the content without the infringment of the rules then the message will be moderated.
Repeated or deliberate attempts by an authour to post content that violates the internal rules will incur a temporary ban. If after the ban is lifted the authour continues to offend the temporary ban may be promoted to a permanent ban. If repeated, it can process in a permanent ban. It is also possible to ban an IP address if someone creates multiple accounts in an intention to undermine the legitimate operation of the forum. Should the banned individual try to create multiple accounts with the intention of undermining the legitimate operation of the forum and continue to post unacceptable content their IP address willl be blocked.
- Respect the decisions of administrators and moderators. In case of complaint or claim, contact the moderators by PM or email [link] here
- Post your questions and comments in the section which is most appropriate. If you have doubt, contact a moderator, and we will work to clarify the items.
- Please make every effort to be civil and courteous at all times! Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults or deprecation of the sites moderators or its members is not acceptable. The moderators are volunteers who want ensure that the discussions that take place are lively, good humoured and constructive help them make it so.
- Respect other forum participants. If you ask for help, answer the questions the persons who try to help you. If you find an answer for yourself, add it over to help someone else who would face a similar problem.
- Do not pollute the forum. Make sure your posts are understandable, do not use abbreviations (such as sms speak) as these are not universal. Don't mix a question with critique or negative comment those who work hard to make things better will not be keen to assist you if you do this.
Authours who do this regularly, may be considered as polluters. Authours who incite controversy with the deliberate intent of damaging the structure of the distribution (either OpenMandriva or another), or by the deliberate creation and maintenance of fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) propel you in the troll category on onward to a ban.
- Spam is prohibited.
- A Private Messaging (PM) service is included in the forum for all members. Use it for all your private conversations. When using it please observe the same standards of behaviour as you would in the public forums.
- It is not possible to post images larger than 640x480, if you have something larger then use a website thumbnail creation as http://imageshack.us/
- Do not quote if possible (read: quote another message forum) for more than a dozen lines
- When posting quotations, remove any superfluous: nested quotes (quotes of quotes), images, and all unnecessary elements.
- To report a cut, use the symbol "[...]" or "8 <---" or any other method that is sufficiently explicit.
- Do not quote the message above the one you write, unless the answer refers to a specific sentence or part of this message (in this case, mention only the phrase or portion thereof).
- If you respond publicly to another member, rather than quote, made preferably precede your answer with "@ members_name" if there is no confusion on the subject. And especially if your answer is only to a short response as "quite", "not false" or "+ 1". If you feel this is necessary for understanding your answer, use the quote under the terms of the Rules.
- The "various discussions" is completely open, but may therefore be subject to trolls. If you are allergic to the trolls, do not go near them rather than feed them.
Your decision to use this forum implies your understanding and acceptance of these rules of conduct. For questions, or if you would like to propose amendments to these rules, please write here.